Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion K3E00EA#ABU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to replace the hard drive in my PH Pavilion Notebook K3E00EA#ABU with an SSD.  I have cloned the hard disc and it works on my son's laptop via a USB.  However when run on my Laptop I get a warning with stop code: Inaccessible boot device.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I installed the SSD drive and took out the old disc drive and it worked.  This issue seems to relate to the co-existence of the two drives.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@BernardMH 

You said you CLONED the HDD, but did you copy ALL the needed partitions, or just the OS partition?

You would also need the boot partition, which is typically named System Reserved, in order for the SSD to be bootable.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.  As I managed to get it to work with my sons PC, I think that the Acronis true image software has copied across the required partitions.  I'm going to try and install the SSD and take out the old hard disk and see if it works.

HP Recommended

I installed the SSD drive and took out the old disc drive and it worked.  This issue seems to relate to the co-existence of the two drives.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.