Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion X2 Detachable 10-n-106
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After BIOS update I get this message (Selected boot image did not authenticate). Tried all the solutions to perform a hard reset but after about 6 seconds of power button pressed the message reappear. No Shift or F2 works. Can somebody help me?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Turn off the PC by holding the power button until shutdown.

Turn on the PC and repeatedly keep pressing ESC until the startup menu appears.

Does the startup menu appear?

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

Thanks, I followed your directions and now the startup menu appears. 

I tired to select F11 an a new massage appears:

"Windows failed to start. Arecent hardware or software change might be the cause.

File: \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD

Ststaus: 0xc0000000f

Info: The Boot configuration Data for your PC is missing  or caontains errors

I tried to boot form Windowsinstallation disk (un USB key) and also from a Linux recovery tool on a different USB key changing the Bios setting "Secure Boot" to off, but nothing changes.

Some more help? Thanks

HP Recommended

OK.

So if you enter the setup menu and then press F9 to boot into the USB drive, the same message appears?

HP Recommended

Yes, the same message appears.

No more ideas? 

HP Recommended

A little step: I created a USB KEY Windows 10 installation device, when booted, showed the partition on disk. To delete them to perform a clean installation the only way is to enter Shift+F10 when the installation says "Where to install Windows ?", enter diskpart, choose the disk and perform clean and exit. This is the only working proceedure to clean the partition.

Then the installation of Windows then goes on on the unallocated space but is very slow: it takes hours form one screen to the following one, the entire installation goes near the end in about 8 hours. And of course quite at the end there is an error "Impossible prepare the restart of the computer for the next installation phase. To install Windows, restart the installation" Yeah, it takes ONLY 8 hours!!.  I am wondering which kind of hardware this PC made of  and which support is available for it. I guess the answer is NOTHING!

HP Recommended

In the upper shel my HP 5372A is red by the shame and has hidden behind the Textronix digital scope which is laughing ... hp, ahhh ahhh. The Pavilion X2 is a brick, it is so slow to take about 10 hours to fail to install a fresh Windows 10. Now it time to put this useless brick into its place: the rubbish dump. Bye bye HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.