Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi,

I was using my laptop fine last night and put it on the charger. This morning it will not turn on. No lights, no fan, no blue screen, no black screen, no HP logo, no error message, nothing. Tried hard restart. Nadda. Did power plus F6 hold for 15 sec. Nadda. Unplugged mouse and wifi adapter plus restart. Nadda. It appears to be dead in the water. Is this a battery thing? Or are there fried circuits? Any help is appreciated!🙏

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello, and Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I've been an Electrician/Electronic Tech for almost 30 years now, and the first question I have:  Did you trip a breaker?  Plug anything else into the wall receptacle to determine if power is there!

Any weird storms lately that could cause a surge?  Are you using a surge protector?  If so, is it turned on?

Gotta determine where the juice stops...  Check all your connections.  Troubleshooting a dead PC from this side of the screen is a difficult task.  If you have any Technical skills, you could check the output from the charger using a voltmeter.  That would narrow the area of failure down.  (Note:  if you don't have these skills, take it to someone who does!!)

Hope "she" revives!

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

Hi Wyrenut!

Thanks for the tip. As it turned out the battery needed to be replaced. Not sure if it was a surge or if it was just old. Buuuuut now I have a different problem...

-I.Be.G

HP Recommended

The problem was the battery. I replaced if. It turned on and worked just fine....for several hours.

Then my 7 year old knocked my spiced cider over on to the laptop...whyyy???

She was booting up ok. But then it was cycling through the boot menu and powering down. Now it won't turn on. I've tried to dry it out best can. Still nothing. The charge/power light on the side lights up when you plug the charger cord in. It's not flashing or anything. But she will not boot. No signs of life. Is she dead for real this time? 

-I.Be.G

HP Recommended

Wow, sorry for your loss!

Liquid damage is seldom something a PC can survive.  A computer repair shop might be able to give a better diagnosis (and perhaps rescue some important files from the hard drive), but there are no guarantees.   😞

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.