08-05-2019 03:18 PM
My laptop was working great this morning, but now the power button is just slow-blinking and the screen won't come on. I can hear the fan (or something) turning slowly off and on inside the machine- it sounds like it is winding up to run normally and then just dies. I am not really sure what to do. I tried the hard reset, and it has made no difference. It almost seems like it is stuck in sleep-mode, but it won't wake up. I have never had a bit of trouble with this machine, so this has come as a bit of a surprise.
08-07-2019 06:24 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
- Have you made any hardware/software changes?
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Firstly, run Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8 (if the computer doesn't start up/power on you can skip the next step)
Next step, BIOS default:
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee