08-12-2019 06:58 AM
My notebook received an update from Microsoft over the weekend. Ever since the update, it now takes about 5 minutes for my notebook to get to desktop screen. Never had an issue before the update. Computer runs fine after finally getting to desktop, but now it just takes too long to start-up. What's the deal with this latest update? Thanks.
08-14-2019 01:51 PM
Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,
Try performing a clean boot on your PC and check if it helps.
From Start, search for msconfig.
Select System Configuration from the search results.
On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then tap or click Disable all.
On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click Open Task Manager.
On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click Disable.
Close Task Manager.
On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click OK, and then restart the computer.
Alternatively, If the issue persists, I would suggest you try Disabling app readiness service:
1. Press Windows key + X key together on the keyboard.
2. Click on "Run".
3. In the Run command search box, type services.msc and click no OK.
4. Services windows open.
5. In the Services Windows locate App readiness and right click on it.
6. Select Properties.
7. In the App Readiness properties window check if the Startup type is set to manual or Automatic.
8. If the Startup type is set to Automatic (Delayed Start) change it to Disabled by choosing from the drop down menu.
9. Click on Apply and OK.
10. Now check if the computer boots fast with App Readiness service disabled.
Hope this information helps, please reply with the status of the issue for further assistance.
Let me know how it goes for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee