Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I am experiencing very slow load times to Boot my computer after I shutdown and turn on the device. It takes close to 2 minutes (sometimes longer) before I see the windows login screen. I've owned the computer for less than one month.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I uninstalled AMD Radeon Adrenaline and that fixed my slow boot problem. I think the latest version is causing this the issue as I will try with an earlier update.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@VOGMAT 

I don't know what you expect -- but 20 seconds is definitely NOT "very slow".

I have an NVME SSD in my desktop that is several times faster than the previous SATA SSD, which was a lot faster than the previous HDD -- and it takes over 30 seconds to get to a desktop.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hello @WAWOOD,

Sorry it is much longer than 20 sec. My work laptop Dell Latitude boots at that speed.

Specs

Intel i5-6300U with 8 GB of RAM and a 256gb SK hynix Sc311 SATA.

My HP Pavilion Gaming takes 1 min 52 secs to Boot.

Ryzen 4600H

16gb RAm

KIOXIA (Toshiba) KBG40ZNV256G 256gb NVMe SSD.

I think the KIOXIA SSD might causing the slow Boot.

I'll edit my original post of it lets me.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

I uninstalled AMD Radeon Adrenaline and that fixed my slow boot problem. I think the latest version is causing this the issue as I will try with an earlier update.

HP Recommended

@VOGMAT 

Wow -- that's good to know.  I run AMD drivers also, but I'm always a release or so behind-- looks like my delaying saved me from this issue.

Thanks for getting back on this.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.