Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-bs158sa

HP Notebook - 15-bs158

Getting an error when laptop is switched on

Smart hard disk error

Hard disk 1 (301)

What do i do? 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

replace the hard drive

HP Recommended

How do I do this? Where do I get it from never done this before. How much would it cost. 

HP Recommended

Buy a SSD of similar or larger size as your current hard drive.

Remove the old hard drive. Read service manual for the laptop if you don't know how.

Use HP's Cloud Recovery if your laptop is new enough. If not, you will have to use Microsoft's Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB to install Windows 10.

HP Recommended

Which ssd do i buy? 

HP Recommended

Samsung, Crucial, PNY are good brands

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.