12-08-2019 01:21 PM
My HP Spectre X360 from 2017 doesn't charge when turn on, if it does it turns off. It only charges when it's powered off for some weird reason. This started a few days ago and there's seem to be other issues as well like it turns off at around ~33%, I am using an OEM charger. Is there a way I can fix this?
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-11-2019 08:49 AM
@mdeng35 Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that the HP Spectre laptop will not charge when the unit is turned on.
I have a few steps listed below that should help you resolve this concern:
Unplug the charger and use the laptop until the battery drains to 15%.
Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins.
Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager:
1) In the search box, type, and open “Device Manager”.
2) Expand “Batteries”.
3) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.
4) Click on “Uninstall”.
5) At the prompt put a check in the box to remove the current driver
6) Shutdown the computer.
7) Remove the battery for a minute and then put it back in.
😎 When the computer comes back up it should automatically find the driver.
9) Go to Device Manager.
10) Expand Batteries.
11) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.
12) Click "Search automatically for updated driver software"
Do the same thing with Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller.
Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed.
Additional help can be found in the below articles:
Also, update the BIOS and check for the result.
let me know how that pans out,
And the answer to the above question will help me, help you!
Keep me posted, and if any of the above questionnaires helped resolve the issue,
Mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".