Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
5CD7190C70
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Dear HP-Community,
My journey started two days ago when I noticed in the morning that my keyboard stopped working after my Spectre x360 15 booted regulary (function keys working and in BIOS the whole Keyboard works). With the help of HP Support I launched a keyboard function test with positive results and renewed the relevant drivers. Furthermore I reset Windows 10 completely. After that I had a working Keyboard but with heavy delays between pressing the key and display the letter(external keyboard works fine). Now it gets really weird: after the keyboard startet working the laptop refuses to charge. It doesnt even notice the power supply (tested the charger succesfully with other devices). 

I hope someone is able to help me out. Im looking forward to any kind of advice. Thank you!

Leo
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@oneLeo100

Welcome to HP support community.

I have a few steps listed below that should help you resolve this concern: 

Unplug the charge and use the laptop until the battery drains to 15%. 

Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins. 

Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager: 
1) In the search box, type and open “Device Manager”.  

2) Expand “Batteries”.  

3) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.  

4) Click on “Uninstall”.  

5) At the prompt put a check in the box to remove the current driver  

6) Shutdown the computer.  

7) Remove the battery for minute and then put it back in.  

😎 When the computer comes back up it should automatically find the driver.  

9) Go to Device Manager.  

10) Expand Batteries.  

11) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there. 

12) Click "Search automatically for updated driver software"  

Do the same thing with Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller.  

Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed. 

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your detailed advice Sandy. Unfortunately I wasnt able to try out, as my battery went completely flat. I called the support and they told me a total cost of 490€ to fix the issue. Beeing a self-financed student Im not able to pay that much. Im still hoping for a solution but currently it looks more like I lost my Spectre. Really sad day for me.

Best wishes

Leo

HP Recommended

@oneLeo100

You may order the replacement parts on the HP Parts Store, use the HP Parts Surfer to find the part number and If you've already looked for it and couldn't find it on the HP Parts Store, you may want to get it locally at the online store such as Amazon or eBay, etc...as the part numbers are universal.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.