01-05-2020 09:13 AM
My laptop gets stuck on the HP logo startup screen. So, I did what everyone said to do, and did a hard reset. Booted it up and pressed ESC repeatedly to go to system diagnostics. But, in the bottom left corner it said “ESC...pause startup” and then a black screen. No menu, nothing. So, I heard someone say something about BIOS mode. So, I did a hard reset, booted it up, pressed F10 repeatedly, then nothing. Just a black screen, no menu.
I’m not sure what to do. My computer was working perfectly fine yesterday, until now. I’m not sure if it’s something I downloaded, but I can’t even do a system restore because all I get is black screens.
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-07-2020 12:14 PM
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
- Have you tried with different mouse and keyboard?
- What is the operating system?
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
- Have you made any hardware/software changes?
While you respond to that, let's try system restore:
- System Restore returns your computer to the files and settings from the restore point. Your personal files and documents are not affected. Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545 to perform Microsoft System Restore (Windows 10, 😎
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
01-07-2020 12:34 PM
Thank you for replying. I’m not sure what happened. It was giving me nothing but black screens, then I did another hard reset and left it alone for a little while. When I came back to it, it was running just fine. I’m not sure what caused it, but I deleted the last thing I downloaded before it did this.