09-21-2019 02:17 PM
I was watching videos on youtube before I put my computer on sleep mode. I came back after an hour or so, and turned it back on. After the blue screen loaded, the only thing I can see is the logging in background picture and the mouse. I can't see the settings option, where to put my password or even the time. The computer has an anti-virus, yet I'm not so sure if it's a malware or not. I don't think it's because the computer is on bad conditions. Anyone knows how to stop my computer from freezing after the start-up? Should I go see a professional?
09-24-2019 06:14 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
- Did you make any changes to the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8.
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Next, Run the HP PC Hardware Diagnostic tests to determine whether the computer is functioning properly.
HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows is a Windows-based utility that allows you to run diagnostic tests within the Windows operating system in order to diagnose hardware failures.
- Click on the Download button and install the latest HP PC Hardware Diagnostics.
- After Installation, select Start from your PC, and then under All Apps, select HP Help and Support, then HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows.
- The app opens to the main menu. Click System Tests.
- Click the Run Once button and follow the instructions on the screen.
- If the hardware test is Passed, it indicates there is no Hardware Failure. In case, the test Failed, it will display an error code.
- You can use the HP Failure ID decoder to find out more information about the error code and find further assistance or repair options based on your warranty.
For more information on HP PC Hardware diagnostics, click here.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee