Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 15.6 inch Laptop PC 15-d5000 (4V9Y1AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello there , so recently from the past two days I am experiencing this blue screen in my laptop and it prevents me from booting.

Today the issue has become very problematic and now the laptop won't even open and it's stuck in a restart loop (with blue screen)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Update or Roll Back Drivers

In Safe Mode, you can access Device Manager to update or roll back drivers, especially for storage controllers.

Reset or Reinstall Windows

If other methods fail, you might need to reset your PC or perform a clean installation of Windows. You can do this from WinRE under Troubleshoot > Reset this PC.

For a clean install:

1. Download the Windows 10 installation media from the Microsoft website.
  2. Create a bootable USB drive using the Media Creation Tool.
  3. Boot from the USB drive and follow the on-screen instructions to install Windows.

Check for Hardware Issues

If none of the software solutions work, you might be dealing with a hardware issue:

• Hard Drive/SSD Failure: The storage device might be failing and need replacement.
  • RAM Issues: Faulty RAM can cause similar problems. Run a memory diagnostic test from WinRE to check for RAM issues.

By following these steps, you should be able to diagnose and potentially fix the "Inaccessible Boot Device" error on your HP laptop.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support

I am an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @mkumar1310,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

The "Inaccessible Boot Device" error usually indicates a problem with your laptop's storage device or its connection to the system, preventing Windows from accessing the boot partition. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially fix this issue.

Check Physical Connections

Ensure that the internal hard drive or SSD is properly connected. This typically requires opening the laptop, so proceed with caution or seek professional help if you're not comfortable doing it yourself.

Boot into Safe Mode

Safe Mode loads a minimal set of drivers and might bypass the issue:

1. Turn off your laptop.
  2. Turn it on and, as soon as the HP logo appears, press the F8 key repeatedly until you see the Advanced Boot Options menu.
  3. Select Safe Mode with Networking.

If you can boot into Safe Mode, you can update drivers or perform a system restore.

Use the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE)

Accessing WinRE can allow you to perform repairs:

1. Turn off your laptop.
  2. Turn it on and, as soon as the HP logo appears, turn it off again. Repeat this process 2-3 times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
  3. Allow the laptop to diagnose the issue. If prompted, choose your account and enter your password.
  4. In the recovery options, select Troubleshoot > Advanced Options.

From the Advanced Options menu, you can try the following:

• Startup Repair: This tool can fix certain system problems that might prevent Windows from starting.
  • System Restore: Reverts the system to a previous state without affecting personal files, useful if the issue started after a recent change.
  • Command Prompt: You can run commands to repair your system.

Run Check Disk Utility

In the Command Prompt, run:

chkdsk /f /r C:

This will check the disk for errors and attempt to fix them. Replace C: with the correct drive letter if your Windows installation is on a different drive.

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Update or Roll Back Drivers

In Safe Mode, you can access Device Manager to update or roll back drivers, especially for storage controllers.

Reset or Reinstall Windows

If other methods fail, you might need to reset your PC or perform a clean installation of Windows. You can do this from WinRE under Troubleshoot > Reset this PC.

For a clean install:

1. Download the Windows 10 installation media from the Microsoft website.
  2. Create a bootable USB drive using the Media Creation Tool.
  3. Boot from the USB drive and follow the on-screen instructions to install Windows.

Check for Hardware Issues

If none of the software solutions work, you might be dealing with a hardware issue:

• Hard Drive/SSD Failure: The storage device might be failing and need replacement.
  • RAM Issues: Faulty RAM can cause similar problems. Run a memory diagnostic test from WinRE to check for RAM issues.

By following these steps, you should be able to diagnose and potentially fix the "Inaccessible Boot Device" error on your HP laptop.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.