Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP elitebook 840 g4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A week and my computer is off. Today when I turned it on it gave me a bios fingerprint. (As I remember, I didn't set the bios fingerprint). anyway

When I put my fingerprint it gives me "Your fingerprint has been verified." Then it freezes on that screen

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@abboudi32 here are a few steps that should help us identify and resolve the issue:

Step 1: Run hardware diagnostic tests

Make sure the issue is not hardware related by performing diagnostic tests.

1. In Windows, search for and open the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics for Windows app.

If the app is not installed on your computer, download the latest version from the HP Hardware Diagnostics website.

2. On the main menu, click System Tests.

3. Click the System Fast Test tab.

4. Click Run once.

While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component displays on the screen.

5. If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) and contact HP Customer Support. The information is also available in the Test Logs on the main menu.

If no system component failed, continue with these steps.

6. On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostic app, click System Test, and then click System Extensive Test. The Extensive Test might take several hours to complete.

• If an issue is not found, continue to the next step.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 2 ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher

Are you kidding me ?

if you read my post again you will understand that i can't even pass bios and you told me install an application...

HP Recommended

@abboudi32

Do you get that error as soon as you Turn ON your computer?

You could try the instructions in Step 2 from this :Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02693833 to recover the BIOS using a USB recovery drive if you have another computer

If the issue persists please contact HP Support for Service Options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.