cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
jacfger
Level 1
4 2 1 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

The selected boot device failed. Press enter to continue.

HP Recommended
HP ENVY - 13-aq1005tx
Ubuntu LTS

Hi, 

I have encountered a situation where I had installed a Ubuntu 18.04 in my Samsung T5 SSD 500GB with grub on the usb as well. With this USB SSD, I had no problems on booting from it on my previous Asus notebook and my desktop. However, for some reason, when I tried to boot from the USB SSD this error shows up. I tried to disable secure boot but no luck.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jacfger
Author
Level 1
4 2 1 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Okay. So I've been fiddling around. I think the problem could be because the USB SSD was in MBR partition. I reinstalled pop OS and reformatted the whole disk to GPT and now it can boot from it normally.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
2 REPLIES 2
jacfger
Author
Level 1
4 2 1 1
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had installed a pop OS installation on my usb flash drive and it has no problem recognizing it and boot from it. I'm not sure what is the problem

jacfger
Author
Level 1
4 2 1 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Okay. So I've been fiddling around. I think the problem could be because the USB SSD was in MBR partition. I reinstalled pop OS and reformatted the whole disk to GPT and now it can boot from it normally.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation