Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I was just normally booting my ROOM-TEMPURATURE laptop, and instead of booting, it went to:

maxresdefault

Note: Not my picture, but contains the exact same info.

8 gb DDR4 RAM, never upgraded any hardware

AMD Ryzen© 3 3200U, came with laptop

AMI BIOS F.17, latest

No errors beforehand

Booted normally afterwards

Anybody know what this is and how to prevent it?

Edit: getting close to another 😬CPUID HWMonitor 6_1_2020 9_46_58 AM.png

The highest recorded was 96(?).

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

CPUID HWMonitor 6_1_2020 12_03_16 PM.pngMy CPU is definitely defective. I ran a Fast CPU Stress Test and it went to 98 Celsius without shutting down! Or it overrides the response. Still, during browsing with at most 9-10 tabs open, i get 50-70 degrees and 30-40 idle temp.

Spoiler
Note: I am Canadian. I use Celsius.

Edit: reaches 93° C  on startup, but did a thermal shutdown at about 23° !!!!

also on a google meet:CPUID HWMonitor 6_2_2020 10_30_41 AM.png

HP Recommended

Mine has been doing the same shutdown. I've even been using a cooling fan underneath laptop. To be honest I don't know a lot about laptops or CPUs and I don't know if it's part of the issue or connected in anyway but so far mine has only done it when I have the charging cord plugged into my computer and charging. It seems to do it no matter what temp CPU is but when plugged in...so far anyways for me.

HP Recommended

I think it is just a defect. I get it all the time, and my PC never notices. But, it got a bit better with BIOS f18.

HP Recommended

Maybe set the performance to low. That didn't work for me, but it might for you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.