Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 470 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to perform a UEFI Network boot in order to install the OS and Applications using a SCCM 2012 Task Sequence. On HP ProBook 430 G3 it works like a charm however on the HP ProBook 430 G4 and HP ProBook 470 G4 it just doesn'nt work. the machine starts witj "Start PXE over IP4" and after some time it returns to the boot menu.

UEFI Boot using a USB works just fine.

Since it works on the G3 models and Microsoft Surface the problem must be with something in the G4 models.

DHCP and WDS on different servers in same subnet. IP-Helper in place. DHCP policies to distinguish between Legacy and UEFI and between x86 and x64. Legacy boot of course works on all models.

Who has experience with UEFI network boot on the G4 models?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi all, 

I am facing the same issue. G4 would'nt boot froma PXE image. 

Can someone help? 

Many thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have managed to fix this issue by first letting the laptop boot with its default OS and then performing a BIOS upgrade from HP support site. Afterwards booting it with F12 worked. It does come up with a choice between IPv4 and 6 but if you go further then it does pick up the PXE/ Tasksequence.

Cheers. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

i've got the same problem. I have updated BIOS and firmware and still my 430 G4 won't PXE boot. I'm unable to register it with FOG at the moment and capture an image. Can anyone help? 

HP Recommended

I encountered the same problem and was totally mystified. After having several calls with HP they agreed with me that the cause was the BIOS version and after that provided me with an updated BIOS. After installing this update the UEFI IPv4 PXE Boot worked without a problem.

The update was for BIOS versions P85 and P91. The update is available in SP79822

HP Recommended

Hi There,

i have the same Problem. Probook 650 G4. no PXE Boot possible. Sits at PXE over IPv4 forever and eventually goes back to BIOS. i updated to latest BIOS, reset security keys, reset bios, everything...IT DOES NOT WORK!

works great with all of my 3500 other devices (HP G3, DELL etc.).

Basic WDS on Server 2016. no SCCM, no fancy Stuff.

What is the Problem with HP?

if i can't make it work we will not buy HP Stuff anymore forever. SO DISAPPOINTED

HP Recommended

Just to let you know. the problem was the GUID reported in the BIOS System Information Viewer was not the same the notebook reported against the WSUS Server. looked in eventvwr on the WSUS Server and found the correct GUID. After updating the pre-staged Active Directory Computer Account with the right GUID it worked.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.