Did you mean: 
alex511ZU
Level 1
11 5 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

USB boot disabled

HP Recommended

I cannot boot anymore into the Acronis Rescue Media, which was created as part of their Survival Kit on an external hard drive. I created another USB with Simple Option, but it does not work as well. One of the changes that I did inbetween is that I inserted an empty M.2. SSD along with the SATA SSD, 2.5``.

My parameters:

• HP ProBook 440 G4
  • Win 10x64, build 1909
  • BIOS P85 Ver. 01.34
  • Acronis True Image 2020

It looks like the boot from the USB in UEFI mode is disabled (the same for both USB).

Here are the screenshots from the BIOS. 

Boot options:

Boot options 1Boot options 1Boot options 2Boot options 2

boot menuboot menu

port optionsport options

secure_boot.jpgsecurity.jpg

It seems to be a similar issue as this one. In the solution they write clearing the CMOS. What is CMOS and how to clear it? Is ti safe?

Regards

1 REPLY 1
alex511ZU
Author
Level 1
11 5 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The solution was as simple as when you are in boot options and selected the usb you may enable/disable the boot (on HP by pressing F5). I wonder why it disabled by its own. The only thing could be that I inserted a new M.2 SSD. P.S. Please close the issue.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation