Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Probook 650 G1
Hi, I am using a HP Probook 650 G1 notebook. Recently my hardrive got crashed and I had to buy a new hard disk. The new hard disk that I have bought, is without any operating system. Now I want to install Windows on the new hard disk using a boot able USB. But when I start the Laptop and enter boot options by pressing F9, it only show the "Boot from EFI device" and does not show any other option although I have plugged in the bootable USB. I have tried changing the BIOS setting by pressing the F10 key, but changing the Boot Device options does not allow me to turn off the Secure Boot option or allow me to change the Boot order or select / un select any boot device option in the BIOS settings. All these options are dimmed out so I cannot change these settings. The curent BIOS version is L78 Ver. 01.36 with 04/25/2016 release date. So, I am unable to use my notebook. Please help. Thanks in anticipation. Regards,
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Sounds like you have an admin password set. Is that the case?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

yes i have the same issue and i bought this laptop from x company please advise the solution

HP Recommended

Enterprise class notebooks have stringent security because they are for the Enterprise environment which requires it.

In order to have it reset, you will need to contact HP Enterprise suport and request the file that will enable you to reset it.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.