cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Durgeshhere
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Unable to boot from PCIe NVMe SSD

HP Recommended
HP 15-da0327tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I have installed "Crucial PCIe NVMe SSD" in my "HP 15-da0327tu" Notebook. I have also completed back-up from my 1TB HDD and restored it on SSD drive to enable boot from SSD. However, I am unable to find this NVMe SSD drive in BIOS to make it first boot preference. 

Until I am able to discover the SSD in BIOS, i am sure i won't be able to book the system from it. Can someone suggest a solution. 

Regards

Durgesh

1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
141,495 65,059 22,088 34,012
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Temporarily disconnect the hard drive and see if the PC automatically boots from the M.2 SSD.

There are some model notebooks where the SSD does not show up in the boot options menu, and if there is an operating system on the 2.5" drive, the PC will always want to boot from that drive first.

Notebooks that come with dual drive configurations from the factory have no operating system on the 2.5" drive.

So if the notebook boots up and works fine with just the NVMe drive installed, reconnect the 2.5" drive and format it and then the notebook should boot from the NVMe drive and you can use the blank 2.5" drive for storage.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation