Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
6540B

My uncle retired from a telco, they let him have his work laptop, its been about 2 months since then, and he has forgotten his password. He has asked me to unlock it but its a BIOS password and I'm not able to proceed even install Win10 via USB as that option is available but later blocked.

I read this thread but the url provided by @REO51ST no longer works. 

I tried to contact HP via their website but support in my country(Philippines) is no longer available. Bringing this to a store or a technician will be my last resort.

I hope someone here has another way to crack the password or an updated version of the BIOS unlocker capable of unlocking a 6540b.

Has anyone tried the CMOS way to get around the password?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey @pnvr8e 🙂

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

According to the Community's Rules of Participation:

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

Therefore, this topic is being locked. If you would like help resetting the password on your product, please Contact HP support in your region. 

Regards,

MarcusC

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.