Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

tpm.misc showing TPM 2.0 available and security processor showing TMP 1.2. How can I upgrade that? Please help me

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you are concerned about this because of compatibility for Windows 11, your notebook probably does not have a supported processor.

See the complete list of hardware requirements for W11.

Windows 11 Specifications - Microsoft

To update the TPM to Version 1.2, you would have to look at the support and driver page to see if there are any BIOS or firmware updates to update the TPM to v 2.0.

HP Recommended

Screenshot_4.pngScreenshot_3.png

Check the images, I have available tpm 2.0 already. but my windows security can't detect it. How can I fix it

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I would have no idea.

Is the TPM showing up in the device manager under a security devices category?

That is where you will find it listed and it will show up as 1.2 or 2.0.

HP Recommended

@moinulmoin 

IF you're concerned about this due to MS's Win11 announcement, be aware that Win11 is still in Development and will not be released until some time next year.  So, you have nearly a year to work this issue before really having to worry about it.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi, @moinulmoin 

I did find this document regarding hard and soft floor requirements, so we are just going to have to wait and see what happens when we actually try to upgrade older PC's to W11...

Compatibility for Windows 11- Compatibility Cookbook | Microsoft Docs

According to the above document, you may be able to upgrade to W11 as long as your PC meets the hard floor requirements.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.