Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15 BA078SA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I just updated the BIOS on my Windows 10 laptop but after restarting I'm unable to get into Windows. When I try my Pin I get the following error message: "Something went wrong (code 0x80070032). Restart your device to see if that fixes the problem."
I have tried restarting loads of times and still no luck. I'm given the option to enter my password but it won't accept that either.
I have tried a power down by taking out the battery, waiting and then putting it back in and restarting but that hasn't worked either.
Any ideas??
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Jorykang

Welcome to the HP Forums,

We'll be with you until it's all sorted.

Many HP computers include a feature to recover the last working BIOS version. If this recovery method fails, use another working computer to create a BIOS recovery flash drive to install the latest BIOS file.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & ATTEMPT THE SOLUTION TO RECOVER YOUR BIOS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep me posted, as I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, only in case you don't get back to us, first! 

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I have tried both BIOS recovery methods but still unable to get past the Windows login screen.
Will I be able to recover my personal files from my laptop?
Can't believe a standard BIOS update has caused this issue
HP Recommended

@Jorykang

Thank you for responding,

This is the Riddle_Decipher, again!

If the issue persists though you've attempted the BIOS recovery using the flash drive,

I recommend you refer to my private message for further assistance:

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, using the blue envelope: 

Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums

If you would like to thank us for our efforts, you may click on kudos (the thumbs up button)

And If you wish to help the community grow, mark this post as an accepted solution.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.