Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillon g6
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, I've just repaired an old HP notebook of mine by changing its hard drive. Two weeks later I got the hard disk quick test error 303 in system diagnostics. I know this error is supposed to mean that my hard disk has failed, but I am having the doubt that it is a BIOS error since it is a new Hard drive with the same specifics as the original one (TOSHIBA 500 Gb).  My problem is that when I try to configure a USB for the BIOS update, the PC that I am using (wich is working and running windows 10 32 bit) I get the error "InsydeFlash cannot load the driver, please close all aplication. if you are using windows 7 please run as administrator" I configured the comptability mode to Windows 7 and checked the run as administrator box. In the InsydeFLash Log I get this Error code : 1602(0x00000642) In preparation Stage. Please help me ? what can I do to resolve this issue.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Giorgi_Le_Bon Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are getting an error while updating the BIOS.

In that case, I would suggest you contact our phone support and check for the service option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Or you can contact local stores. 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, but my PC is running again. I think the error 303 was caused by a virus. I just ran Kaspersky from a usb and I think it made it back to normal.

HP Recommended

@Giorgi_Le_Bon

Thank you for the update.

In the future, if you have any concerns. Please get back to us. We will assist you.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.