02-09-2019 07:09 AM
Hangs with the cursor displayed and active. Never gets to the Hp logo. Fix so far has been to remove the battery
02-11-2019 01:57 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Let's try these steps -
1) Shutdown the computer.
2) Unplug all the Adapter and peripherals connected.
3) Remove the Battery.
4) Press and hold down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds.
5) Plug-in the Adapter and put the Battery back into the computer.
6) Try to turn on the computer.
If the screen is still blank, continue with the next step.
Resetting the BIOS when the computer screen is blank
- Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key for eight seconds.
- Press the Down arrow three times.
- Press the Enter key two times.
- The computer restarts.
If the blank screen issue is resolved, you are done.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner, Thank you for posting in the HP Support Community. Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee