1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Weird MS Edge alert message

Example: Pavilion Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

So, I'm searching on Pinterest for a scarf pattern, and I get this random MS Edge Alert message that locks up my computer.  It was beeping and flashing, but I'm not sure it was legit.  It advised me not to shut down. but I did.  So many scammers out there, I don't know what to believe anymore.  Should I have my laptop checked for viruses?  Looking for a sanity check.  Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Level 15
Level 15
18,235 18,180 1,703 3,995
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Weird MS Edge alert message

@Philly_Girl 

Since I find MS Edge to be so unreliable as to be essentially useless -- I don't use it.

It's default setup establishes a load of different and unneeded security settings that can prevent you from viewing sites and prevent you from downloading files.  My guess is that it is the former in this case that is causing the issue.

I would try switching to a different browser, like Firefox or Opera -- I don't have problems with either of those and Opera has built-in add blocking turned on by default.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation