Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 15m-eu0 Convertible PC (267R7AV)

Help my pc boots and windows loads but it is slow and the fan runs constantly.  Every time I check the cmos, I get a 502 message.  I think I need to reload the bios.  The system utility tells me I’m up to date so it’s no help.  Where can I find a the bios file to put on a usb drive?   When I look up my laptop on the support.hp site it does not show me an option for a bios file?  HELP

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @DDS2126,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to assist you.

I see that you are facing an issue with your Laptop.

Follow the below steps to fix the issue.

-Perform a power drain on your PC.

1) Unplug the power cord from the PC & wall.

2) Disconnect the power cable from the AC adapter if it is a detachable part and keep it aside.

3) Press and hold the power button down for 15 seconds and release the power button, wait for about 30 seconds.

4) Plug the power cord back into the AC adapter, then connect it to the wall and to the charging port on your PC.

5) Power on the PC and update the BIOS for your PC by clicking on the link.

Make sure you keep only the charger plugged in while updating the BIOS for your PC.

Click on the + sign next to BIOS and then download the file.

Open the file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.

-Install all the pending updates for the Windows operating system following the below steps.

Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and select Check for updates. If the upgrade is available for your device and you want to proceed, download and install it.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Irwin6,

Thank you for this process, however it is not helping.  I will explain further.  The fan on my Envy x360 started running full time about 2 months ago.  By full time I mean from moment the power button is pressed until after the PC shutsdown.  I updated the firmware to version F.13 (9/1/2023) but this problem did not go away.  (A problem of continuous reboots did go away.  That showed about a month ago).  Everytime I do a WIN +V at startup it tells me the CMOS is corrupt and it resets the BIOs.  But it never stays fixed.  Everytime is appears to be corrupt.  I was thinking maybe my F.13 BIOS file is corrupted.  I was trying to find it, to download a fresh copy, but the system keeps telling me I'm up to date.  So maybe there is another problem?  Can you offer any suggestions?

product:  15m-eu0xxx

Prod Number:  341X1UA#ABA

BIOS: AMI F.13 9/1/2023

Base Board:  888A

Windows:  Win 11 Home 10.0.22.621 Build 22621

HP Recommended

Hi @DDS2126,

I am sorry to hear that the above steps did not help much.

Kindly refer to the steps on this link to further troubleshoot and let me know if that resolves the issue.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

I hope this helps.

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Irwin6,

the link took me to a page for the HP command center.  But my model is not listed as supported.  (15m-eu). So that unfortunately will not help.   I’m beginning to believe I have a hardware problem.  Let me know if you have any other troubleshooting suggestions.  

HP Recommended

UPDATE:  i did find the HP command center on my Envy so it is loaded.  I tried to set my machined to quiet mode.  The fan is still running contantly.  It had no effect.  I cannot tell if it didn't work or is not supported as I indicated in my previous post.

HP Recommended

Hi @DDS2126,

I am sorry to hear that the above steps did not help much.

The support here is limited and this issue might require one-on-one interaction to fix it.

In order to access your private messages, Click the Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.