Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 17z-ca000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Need to verify (or have a place to check) if I can install an official version of Ubuntu (LTS) with Secure Boot Approved Table.

Not sure if Ubuntu has a PCR/KEK listed with HP, and since Laptop is warranted, don't want to upset HP, Microsoft, or Canonical.

I know how to properly install UEFI OS, but also know if the OS is on the unapproved Secure Boot list, it will not boot.

I know ALL the workarounds also, but want this OS to reside in the proper place (UEFI, fTPM, Secure Boot) on the partition, and without security errors.

Everyone please be safe and well. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

linux-a5tn:/home/lbb # mokutil --list-enrolled
Issuer: CN=openSUSE Secure Boot CA, C=DE, L=Nuremberg, O=openSUSE Project/emailAddress=build@opensuse.org

linux-a5tn:/home/lbb # mokutil --pk
Issuer: C=US, O=Hewlett-Packard Company, CN=Hewlett-Packard Printing Device Infrastructure CA

linux-a5tn:/home/lbb # mokutil --kek
Issuer: C=US, ST=Washington, L=Redmond, O=Microsoft Corporation, CN=Microsoft Corporation Third Party Marketplace Root

~~~~~~

You can add a SECURE BOOT OS.

Boot Man x 5.jpg

There is a SecBoot change.png screen that accepts it so I do not believe it will invalidate your warranty, it might annoy Redmond et al.

It does not protect the contents of the HDD, unless it is encrypted, as removing and mounting the drive else where allows full access.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi

linux-a5tn:/home/lbb # mokutil --list-enrolled
Issuer: CN=openSUSE Secure Boot CA, C=DE, L=Nuremberg, O=openSUSE Project/emailAddress=build@opensuse.org

linux-a5tn:/home/lbb # mokutil --pk
Issuer: C=US, O=Hewlett-Packard Company, CN=Hewlett-Packard Printing Device Infrastructure CA

linux-a5tn:/home/lbb # mokutil --kek
Issuer: C=US, ST=Washington, L=Redmond, O=Microsoft Corporation, CN=Microsoft Corporation Third Party Marketplace Root

~~~~~~

You can add a SECURE BOOT OS.

Boot Man x 5.jpg

There is a SecBoot change.png screen that accepts it so I do not believe it will invalidate your warranty, it might annoy Redmond et al.

It does not protect the contents of the HDD, unless it is encrypted, as removing and mounting the drive else where allows full access.

HP Recommended

Prego.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.