6 2 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Where to check on HP for Secure Boot approved table

HP Notebook - 17z-ca000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Need to verify (or have a place to check) if I can install an official version of Ubuntu (LTS) with Secure Boot Approved Table.

Not sure if Ubuntu has a PCR/KEK listed with HP, and since Laptop is warranted, don't want to upset HP, Microsoft, or Canonical.

I know how to properly install UEFI OS, but also know if the OS is on the unapproved Secure Boot list, it will not boot.

I know ALL the workarounds also, but want this OS to reside in the proper place (UEFI, fTPM, Secure Boot) on the partition, and without security errors.

Everyone please be safe and well. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 12
7,682 7,647 324 681
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi

linux-a5tn:/home/lbb # mokutil --list-enrolled
Issuer: CN=openSUSE Secure Boot CA, C=DE, L=Nuremberg, O=openSUSE Project/emailAddress=build@opensuse.org

linux-a5tn:/home/lbb # mokutil --pk
Issuer: C=US, O=Hewlett-Packard Company, CN=Hewlett-Packard Printing Device Infrastructure CA

linux-a5tn:/home/lbb # mokutil --kek
Issuer: C=US, ST=Washington, L=Redmond, O=Microsoft Corporation, CN=Microsoft Corporation Third Party Marketplace Root

~~~~~~

You can add a SECURE BOOT OS.

F5/F6 may re-arrrange the sequence.F5/F6 may re-arrrange the sequence.

There is a SecBoot change.png screen that accepts it so I do not believe it will invalidate your warranty, it might annoy Redmond et al.

It does not protect the contents of the HDD, unless it is encrypted, as removing and mounting the drive else where allows full access.

A Nod Is As Good As a Wink...
Lil_Boy_Blue

Highlighted
Level 12
7,682 7,647 324 681
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Prego.

A Nod Is As Good As a Wink...
Lil_Boy_Blue

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation