Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 13-aw0023dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My notebook overheated a few days ago. It's not the first time I've seen this happen - a few months ago I had an Envy x360 that also overheated. What's surprising is that the two notebooks are very different machines. The Spectre has a 10th gen Intel CPU while the Envy had an AMD Ryzen. The one common thread is that I installed Windows 10 2004 on both machines (Release Preview on the Spectre and Slow Ring on the Envy.) The Envy overheated after going to sleep, and the Spectre overheated after being powered off (and possibly rebooting instead of shutting off; I'm not sure.) Both failures seem to be power related.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@CClawson 

Windows 2004 has not yet been released and you should NOT be using it on any PC you rely on for productive work.

It is NOT going to be released to the general public until May 28th at the earliest.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Yes, I'm aware that it has the potential to cause data loss. That doesn't concern me (much). What it should not be able to do is cause hardware damage. If my guess is correct, and there is some conflict between the hardware and Windows 10 2004 that interferes with sleep/shutdown while disabling the system fan, then it's something that HP and its customers need to know about.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.