Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Right. This may sound like a problem many of you have heard before, but I have searched everywhere and can't seem to find a viable fix for this issue. I have recently reset and reinstalled windows on a nearly 1 year old HP Envy 15 (AMD 1.8GHz CPU) and it seems to take forever to boot up. I have barely any programs installed as I only reset yesterday. There was no problems with boot before the reset and the computer was still in full working order when it was reset. (FWIW I reset because of file permission issues) the black screen bug has affected me but no fixes suggested have worked. Any help would be appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@alexwilliams030 wrote:
Right. This may sound like a problem many of you have heard before, but I have searched everywhere and can't seem to find a viable fix for this issue. I have recently reset and reinstalled windows on a nearly 1 year old HP Envy 15 (AMD 1.8GHz CPU) and it seems to take forever to boot up. I have barely any programs installed as I only reset yesterday. There was no problems with boot before the reset and the computer was still in full working order when it was reset. (FWIW I reset because of file permission issues) the black screen bug has affected me but no fixes suggested have worked. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

Try to run hard drive test to check if the HDD is still on its good working condition.

Turn the computer back on and tap away ESC as soon as you pressed the power button

Press F2 for sysmte diagnostics then select component test>quick test>Run once..

Check if you are going to get a failure id number

Regards..

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@alexwilliams030 wrote:

Hi,

Try to run hard drive test to check if the HDD is still on its good working condition.

Turn the computer back on and tap away ESC as soon as you pressed the power button

Press F2 for sysmte diagnostics then select component test>quick test>Run once..

Check if you are going to get a failure id number

Regards..

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

HP Recommended
Ok thank you! Sorry for the extremely late reply! I have done and have fixed my boot times! Thank you very much!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.