Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp spectreX360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After the creators update my windows hello login is screwed??

On screen it shows its trying to find my face but there are no lights on the camera sensors. I guess the software is forgetting to turn on the camera itself...

What should i do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @ManishCScience,

Please update the IR camera driver from device manager and check if it helps.

Here is how it is done.

1. Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
  2. Expand imaging devices, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select Update Driver.
  3. Select Search automatically for updated driver software and follow the on screen instructions.

Let me know how it goes.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @ManishCScience,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that Windows hello is not working on your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you download and install the softpaq from the below link and test.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71801.exe

If the issue persists, then remove the pin from your computer and reconfigure it and then the Windows hello will work without any issues.

Here is how it is done.

Step 1: Open PC settings.

Step 2: Click Users and accounts.

Step 3: Open Sign-in options and tap the Change button under Password.

Step 4: Enter the current password and click Next.

Step 5: Directly tap Next to continue.

Step 6: Choose Finish.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

You see I ran into other problems like Ghost screen which is so annoying because it was like my laptop going haywire after a BIOS update which was suggested by HP support assistant.

So, i just restored my laptop to the previous state before the critical update on 19/11. I think it seems to be working fine now. 

I am definitely going to run the update again and see if the problem persists. if it does then i will follow your solution mate.

HP Recommended

Hi @ManishCScience,

Perfect, If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

OMG! my laptop doesn't feel the same anymore. This latest update the creator one is so annoying. although I reset my PC to the previous state it doesn't seem to have made any changes. The windows login is random now that it turns on sometimes while it stays unresponsive sometimes. 

Moreover, as I tried to use the stylus on my notepad there is a bug now where the digital keyboard keeps popping on screen for no reason. It didn't use to work this way last time.

Really annoying.

I am afraid that if i remove my key then  i might get locked out or i  could have to wait until the windows login respond.

Scared.

TYVM ❤️

HP Recommended

Hi @ManishCScience,

Please update the IR camera driver from device manager and check if it helps.

Here is how it is done.

1. Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
  2. Expand imaging devices, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select Update Driver.
  3. Select Search automatically for updated driver software and follow the on screen instructions.

Let me know how it goes.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

WOW! it did update the camera IR login thing. Well, it seems to be working for now 🙂 LEts hope it stays this way. The method you mention is nothin new to me but i just didn bother doing that because usually it used to fail on my previous lappy. HAHA

TYVM mate

wait for me to stop new bugs lor.. LOL

HP Recommended

Hi @ManishCScience,

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that!

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.