Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ZBook 17 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My ZBook 17 G3 stopped to work 2 weeks after the 3 years Care Pack ended ...

Windows does not start, instead it comes Blue Screen with different error messages. This happened for the first time a couple of weeks ago, but then the computer repaired itself.

• Stop code: Thread Exception. Failure: fltmgr.sys
  • Stop code: Page fault in nonpaged area Failure: WImfsf.sys (some letter might be wrong)
  • Stop code: Kmode exception not handled
  • Stop code: System thread exception mot handled
  • Stop code: IRQL not less or equal
  • Unexpected kernel mode trap
  • Memory management
  • DPC Watchdog violation
  • And maybe some other.

Then it comes black screen with Windows logo and “Prepares automatic reparair” and after a while HP logo, black screen, windows logo and then it starts again with Blue Screen

I have ran tests for System, HD, motherboard, memory, …; and all have passed.

I cannot start in Safe Mode.

I have not installed any programs recently.

I have googled a lot but not found any solutions.

May a full HD cause these problems? I´m not sure, but C: may be full. Is it possible to erase when Windows does not start?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

When you get all of those kind of issues, it is usually a faulty memory module...even if the memory test passes.

You can test as follows...if your notebook has two memory modules, remove one and run the notebook off the remaining one.

If you still have problems, remove that module and replace it with the first one you took out and run it with that memory module.

If you don't have any problems either way, then you have isolated the bad memory module and you can replace it.

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook, where you can find the memory removal and replacement procedure...

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06107030

HP Recommended

Thank you very much!
I will try your suggestions.
Best Regards,
Fredrik

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If you need to reinstall W10, you can do that with the HP cloud recovery client utility.

This package provides the Cloud Recovery Client for supported models running a supported operating system. This Client Utility enables users to download the Recovery Kit from the cloud.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp85001-85500/sp85318.exe

I have attached an info link below for how to use the utility...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.