Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion g6
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hey I need some help with this problem I'm having booting up my pavilion g6 but everytime I try to start it it will say windows failed to load because the system registry file is missing or has been corrupt. Status:(0xc00000e9). I looked more into and it tells me to put my disc from my windows 7 to reinstall and fix the problem but the problem is that this computer didn't come with a windows 7 disc it came installed already by HP when bought new if someone could help me out with this problem that would be awesome 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@TeeCID,

Happy New year!

If you can still view the Microsoft Windows 7 activation key code on the notebook sticker, then you can download an official ISO of the OS from Microsoft's servers at the link below this line.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7

Did you create a recovery disk when you had the opportunity?

The Status:(0xc00000e9) error code is usually a hardware issue. If you can determine the manufacturer of your hard disk, there should be hard drive diagnostics available from the hard disk manufacturer's website.

What is the complete product name or product number of your  notebook? 

At this point you have provided a generic  and partial model series identification. That does not make helping you troubleshoot your issue simple,  since we don't have the correct identification term (product name or product number) available to accurately determine your notebook's delivered hardware configuration.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.