Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec0066ax
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After the recent BIOS update for AMD processors my laptop keep locking up within 5 minutes of gaming. Can't even roll back the BIOS.This happened 3 times when i was gaming now i just have to wait for another BIOS update so that i can play my game during this period.This never happened before the update and i have bought this laptop last month.

Model-Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec0066ax

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

I can confirm that F.08 version is buggy and causes problems such as ;

Slow battery charging 
Random shutdowns / hibernations
Slow booting
Crashes
Higher temperatures than normal (probably sends more voltage than needed to the CPU)

The bios update is buggy, you can't roll back due to a ''feature'' added with it which doesn't let you roll back bios AT ALL

Call HP Support, tell them about the update causing problems. They can't roll it back, even if you send the laptop in for repairs. Insist that the BIOS update is the problem and has to be investigated by development team. 

NOTHING THEY ADVISE YOU WILL FIX THE ISSUE. THE UPDATE IS FAULTY.

HP Recommended

Deleted

HP Recommended

@Maverick02001

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

• Turn off the computer, and then connect the power cord.

• Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time, and then press and hold the Power button for 2 to 3 seconds.

Keyboard highlighting the key presses for BIOS recovery

• Release the Power button but continue pressing the Windows and B keys. You might hear a series of beeps.

• If the HP BIOS Update screen does not display, repeat the previous steps but press the Windows key and the V key. If the screen still does not display, your computer might not support the feature or there is a hard drive issue. Continue to the next section to Recover the BIOS using a USB recovery drive.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Doing BIOS Recovery doesn't fix the problem.

There are plenty of people who get this problem after updating their BIOS. It's not your laptop that's problematic—it's the BIOS update. HP's fault.

Someone on another thread went to HP Service Center, and they told him that this is a 'rare issue' and that they're going to change the motherboard and that it's going take about a week I dunno if it will fix the issue for him, and we can only wait for now.

HP Recommended

@flairue

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sir,It Doesn't downgrade even with a usb flash drive. It shows unable to read signature file.It Doesn't allow us to downgrade in any way.

HP Recommended

Also suffering from the same issue.

IF they would just let us roll back the version, none of this would be an actual issue. I'd rather be able to use my computer than be able to set a threshold for keyboard lights.

Sadly there is no way to roll back as of now.

HP Recommended

@RevolverIA

Thank you for posting back. 

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.