Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Duplicate Post

HP Recommended

Duplicate Post

HP Recommended

Try rereading your posts and TRY to tell me again that  am the rude one. So let me be CLEAR. You seem to have no ability to follow the simplest of instructions and yet demand that others fix things for you or claim that our advice is bad. Oh, and the subject of this thread is not "Virtualisation" it's Hyper-V (ie Bad drivers cause Hyper-V not to work. Windows works FINE with VirtualiZation enabled UNTIL Hyper-V is installed. JUST Hyper-V not VirtualBox so virtualisation as you call it is not the issue). You see, while most consumers don't use Hyper-V since this laptop only comes with Windows 10 core (thus no Hyper-V), this issue easily goes unnoticed. Whereas we see it as an issue with Hyper-V, many others see it as an issue while playing video or renering graphics. IT'S THE SAME ISSUE. Bad Drivers. Furthermore, "Virtualization Technology" in the UEFI/BIOS is almost always disabled and recommended that it stay off unless needed. This is due to the fact the Virtualization requires extra resources that would be wasted otherwise. Not because "it doesn't work".

The 18.7.1 driver and software works. Period.

No Blue Screens or Green Screens in my case.
No random black screens.
No weird fuzzy cursors.
No missing text in documents.
No garbled YouTube.
No more issues.

I cannot attest to the drivers PriceRC is using, but they seem functional as well.
@PriceRC Thank for the fantastic writeup!

@SmakBabbilyBoom wrote:

Also, whilst the AMD video drivers may now work as you say, are you aware that the subject of this thread is actually Virtualisation? (ie the running of virtual machines, software like Docker, which relies on Virtualisation in BIOS and Hyper V). You see, Windows does not boot on the HP Envy X360 when virtualisation is enabled in the BIOS and Hyper V is installed in Control Panel. (most owners are probably unaware of this as they have no interest in running Docker and the HP BIOS recommends the virtualisation feature stays off - I wonder why..? It wouldn't be that it doesn't work, would it?  

HP Recommended

So there's a new driver in the Windows Update catalog that has not crashed on me in days:

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=Vega%208%201803

There's a driver dated 30 August 2018, targeted at Windows 10 1803 and later, V 23.20.826.8704 which includes a Vega 8 Mobile driver. Although curiously, it detects the 'Vega 8' as compatible, not the 'Vega 8 Mobile'. I loaded the Vega 8 Mobile, and have had no crashes or screen flickering (which I had with the Adrenaline drivers).

HP Recommended

What?  Quote me please.

I do not demand that you fix my problems, but yes I do express my dissatisfaction with HP and I do think they should be solving this - it's their product after all. Unless you are HP, I'm not expecting you to solve anything.

Actually the thread subject is "Wndows will not boot with virtual technology enabled" - but nobody cares whether it's Virtualisation or Virtual tecnology or Hyper V except you. 

You keep saying to use the new drivers as if I haven't even tried such a simple thing - for teh record here's the official HP support page:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-15-bq100-x360-convertible-pc/16851053/model...

The latest Graphics Driver is still November 2017.

Yes I followed your instructions, and I thanked you,  but they didn't work for me. Maybe I made a mistake, or maybe your instructions weren't as clear as you thought, either way their is no need for you to get stroppy with me, when I haven't actually insulted you or demanded anything of you personally. Demands and insults are things you have imagined I'm afraid. Oh and I do understand how to edit an XML file, but I'm also a little wary of having to do this - it's a job that HP should be doing in my opinion, rather than relyig on each and every customer to sit their and hack the AMD installer.. 

HP Recommended

So a few months ago, AMD started providing drivers.

Adrenaline 19.4.3 works, except that the backlight control isn't available after coming out of sleep, with the backlight stuck at about 80%, I think.

19.5.1 breaks Hyper-V.

19.6.1 was recently released, but I haven't been able to test it yet.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.