Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Sunday my laptop shut down, or went to standby.  When I tried to reboot, I got the HP screen with turning circle.  Then it shut down again.  I disconnected all power, removed battery and waited and tried rebooting later and now I get absolutely nothing, no light even indicating I have power.  My power cord is plugged in and the cord shows it has power and the white and/or orange light by the AC plug on the computer lights up, but the power button doesn't light up. I've tried booting with battery only, with cord only and with both.  I also tried removing battery and cord and holding down power button for ten seconds all to no avail.  Any help please? 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Shawna3

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

To better assist you - May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

While you respond to that, try these steps - HP PCs - Computer Does Not Start 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you so much.  On the front, it says 2000.  In the battery box is says Model 2000-2b22DX.

HP Recommended

Also, I have followed the other procedures you sent (to the extent I could with no power to the laptop) and I still have no power.

HP Recommended

Thanks for trying @Shawna3

This looks like a hardware issue. Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your computer.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.