Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 17-j009el Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

after attempting a bios upgrade from official HP support site, my notebook (HP envy-17) can't boot at all: when I switch on, it hangs on black screen without any message.

Could anyone help me, please??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello !! 

I fixed the problem !!😁😁 in this way:

I've been trying for about 1 week, before solving.

1.  switched off pc

2. remove battery

3. switch on with Win+V key ON (it didn't workt)

4. then switch off keeping Win+V pressed

5. disconennect power cable

6. switch on for 15" (without power cable and battery removed) to fully discharge all the components

7. remove the RAM boards (see HP tutorials)

8.disconnect backup battery

9. re-insert RAM boards

10. re-connect backup battery

11. close the back cover

12. reconnect power cable

13. switch on with win+V key pressed: than you hear windows sound and you see the screen light with the animated progress symbol rotating; wait for a long time where first you find mouse cursor and finally windows boots up

14. then wait for all the updating procedures (date, time, etc) and then you can switch off 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello !! 

I fixed the problem !!😁😁 in this way:

I've been trying for about 1 week, before solving.

1.  switched off pc

2. remove battery

3. switch on with Win+V key ON (it didn't workt)

4. then switch off keeping Win+V pressed

5. disconennect power cable

6. switch on for 15" (without power cable and battery removed) to fully discharge all the components

7. remove the RAM boards (see HP tutorials)

8.disconnect backup battery

9. re-insert RAM boards

10. re-connect backup battery

11. close the back cover

12. reconnect power cable

13. switch on with win+V key pressed: than you hear windows sound and you see the screen light with the animated progress symbol rotating; wait for a long time where first you find mouse cursor and finally windows boots up

14. then wait for all the updating procedures (date, time, etc) and then you can switch off 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.