Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I own a Spectre x 360 14". Whenever I close my computer lid, the screen goes black but the power light stays on and I have to shut it down in order to turn it on again, going through the reboot sequence every time. I've changed my control panel settings so that "nothing happens" when I close the screen, but that didn't work. I've also tried the other control panel settings under power options. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @SamTennis,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you've already tried adjusting some power settings without success. Since the issue persists even after changing the control panel settings, it might be related to a hardware or driver issue. Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem.

• Update Drivers: Make sure all your drivers, especially those related to the display and power management, are up to date. You can usually find driver updates on the HP website or through Windows Update.
  • BIOS Update: Check if there are any BIOS updates available for your laptop model on the HP website. Sometimes BIOS updates can fix compatibility issues and improve system stability.
  • Power Management Settings: Besides the control panel settings, check the power management settings in the BIOS or UEFI firmware. Some laptops have additional power management options that can affect how the system behaves when the lid is closed.
  • Reset Power Management Settings: If you've made changes to power management settings, try resetting them to their default values to see if that resolves the issue.
  • Check for Physical Damage: Inspect the hinges and other components around the laptop lid for any signs of physical damage. Sometimes issues with the lid sensor or hinge mechanism can cause problems when closing the lid.
  • Run Hardware Diagnostics: Many laptops come with built-in diagnostic tools that can help identify hardware issues. Check your laptop's documentation or the HP website for instructions on how to run hardware diagnostics.

By following these steps, you should be able to identify and hopefully resolve the issue with your Spectre x360.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.