cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Solved!

change bios version downgrade

HP Recommended
i, I have a probook 4540s laptop
Some time ago, the BIOS was updated to the new version 2019 But I have problems I wanted to downgrade it to the 2013 version I found the installation file but it gives me an error I tried other methods such as flash, etc. and it did not work Thanks for your help

H2013p.png2013pp.png

7 REPLIES 7
Level 21
Level 21
125,996 116,177 18,857 28,775
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you read the BIOS release notes on the support page, you cannot go back to any version older than F.64.

Version: F.68 Rev.A  

Fixed in this release: - - Enhancement to address security vulnerabilities CVE-2018-12126, CVE-2018-12127, CVE-2018-12130.

Version: F.67 Rev.A

Fixed in this release: - Provides updated security with a new microcode version.

Version: F.66 Rev.A

Fixed in this release: - Updates the Intel microcode.

Version: F.64 Rev.A

Fixed in this release: - Fixes an issue where the system appears to enter recovery mode after Intel Trusted Execution Technology (TXT) is disabled in the F10 BIOS menu. - Provides improved security of UEFI code and variables. HP strongly recommends promptly transitioning to this updated BIOS version which supersedes all previous releases. NOTE: Due to security changes, after this BIOS update is installed, previous versions cannot be reinstalled.

Version: F.62 Rev.A

Fixed in this release: - Provides improved security of UEFI code and variables. HP strongly recommends promptly transitioning to this updated BIOS version which supersedes all previous releases. NOTE: Due to security changes, after this BIOS update is installed, previous versions cannot be reinstalled.

Version: F.61 Rev.A

Fixed in this release: - Provides improved security of UEFI code and variables. HP strongly recommends transitioning promptly to this updated BIOS version which supersedes all previous releases.

Version: F.60 Rev.A

Fixed in this release: - Provides improved security of UEFI code and variables. HP strongly recommends transitioning promptly to this updated BIOS version which supersedes all previous releases.
NOTE: Due to security changes, after this BIOS update is installed, previous versions cannot be reinstalled.

Version: F.50 Rev.A

Fixed in this release: - Fixes an intermittent issue where the system stops functioning when the system is powered on with a USB 3.0 hard drive connected using the USB 3.0 port.

0 Kudos
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

thanks for the reply

But I can't change Windows recently, it stays on the boot screen I booted Flash but I still can't install the new Windows If I had done all this easily on the previous version of the BIOS AMD graphics driver also has a problem Can you give me a solution to install Windows? I was flashing anyway CD I could not change any model

thank you

0 Kudos
Level 21
Level 21
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The only suggestion I can offer is to make sure you are booting from your W7 installation media from your notebook's USB 2 port.   Those would be located on the right side of the PC.

You cannot install W7 from a USB 3 port.

Otherwise, if your notebook has a DVD drive, try installing W7 from a DVD.

0 Kudos
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply
I will definitely test
Does it matter what type of flash
USB2 or USB3?

0 Kudos
Level 21
Level 21
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The type of USB flash drive doesn't matter...USB3 or USB2 is fine.

But W7 does not have the USB 3 drivers needed to boot and install from a USB3 port unless you add them to the installation files.

Since your notebook has USB 2 ports, it is much easier to boot from a USB 2 port to install W7 than to do the work to add the USB 3 drivers to be able to boot from a USB 3 port for W7 to install.

0 Kudos
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

tanks

0 Kudos
Level 21
Level 21
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation