Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issue? Click here for tips and tricks.
HP Recommended

changed bios to boot from usb..keyboard wont type code in hp win8.1 laptop 2015 pentium lost my password

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

So what is goal here, to reinstall Windows from a USB stick? Do you even have a Windows 8.1 install USB stick? Asking because if you don't, I don't know of anywhere that you can download it from these days.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Laptop locked, forgot password trying to boot from a usb with password reset software and windows.iso file. I can access the BIOS setup

HP Recommended

I understand what you're talking about in terms of password reset, as I have done it myself -- but we're not permitted to discuss it here, or provide any assistance in bypassing passwords.

Sorry, but that is the forum policy.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I forgot my password and cannot log in to my windows 8.1 HP Laptop of 2015 vintage. I have tried unsuccessfully to boot to Safe mode and I have tried but failed to boot to the cmd prompt. I don't have a Windows disk but downloaded a utility from EASUS and keep getting a "failed to authenticate disk" message. I have all my accounts on this laptop and need to preserve these files.

Thank you for previous replies.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.