Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 13-ae013dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I would like to ask a HP official, but it seems HP is not willing to answer with detailed and correct informations.. try thes and try that does not help anyone..

So.. dear community 🙂

How can i set up the dimming of my keyboard. I have already installed the latest BIOS, but no access to advanced options (whatever HP thinks to BLOCK MY hardware!). I can understand, that HP is not very amused having support cases of misused advanced settings.. but.. very clearly spoken: the keyboard dimming function is not a setting which can be misused!

I would like to open a feature request for that at HP side.. but i have no hope that there is any HP employee, who is willing and is able to support these question. Over the years.. Hello HP: DELL and SONY support these kind of very very  meanungful feature.. but HP cannot, will not,.. or whatever. I am absolutely disapointed and will switch back to DELL if there is no acceptable solution. This cannot be a great case!

HP Spectre x360 13-ae013dx

BIOS: F32 Rev A
regards..

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@AB62 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you would like to access the advance BIOS option.

HP has locked a few settings on your computer which are being managed by the system configuration as the device is configured to its optimal performance. 

  

There's no way of resetting or changing these locked settings via HP articles or assistance, 

You could unlock and make changes at your own discretion using 3rd party tools, however, HP doesn't recommend the same nor has information about the tools used. 

I hope you understand. 

For, backlight issue, please contact our phone support. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi Praveen196,

Thank you for your answer.. but indeed.. so many words to say nothing... i understand only, that your are not reading my lines and do not understand what i want... explanation and example as follows:

i would have a "setting" like this...

1. Click Start and click Control Panel.
2. In the Control Panel window, click System and Security.
3. In the System and Security window, click HP Control Center.
4. In the HP Control Center window, click Keyboard and Mouse and click Backlit KB.
5. In the Backlit KB screen, to enable the backlight feature, select the Turn backlight on when surroundings dark checkbox.
NOTES: The Turn backlight on when surroundings dark box option must be checked in order to allow user to specify the length of time until the backlight turns off. To disable the backlight feature, deselect the Turn backlight on when surroundings dark checkbox.
6. Set up the backlight brightness while choosing the option:
100%
75%
50%
25%
7. Click to select the desired length of time until backlight turns off when there is no keyboard activity:
10 Seconds
30 Seconds
1 Minute
Do not turn off (always on when dark)
8. Once all desired changes have been made, click OK.

I don't mind to setup in the bios - therfore the access to advanced options would be required.

This is maximum.. 7 is absolutely needed, 6 would be nice and 5 the absolute ! bute for these i have no hope.. i never saw any company which had accepted user wishes or something like this.. to program such a tool i would say.. not more than 2 weeks - but it is depending on the driver - which are - in my opinion - the absolute minimum at HP side! Do you can explain, why sony, dell, lenovo etc are capable to do - but not hp?

regards

A.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.