Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
ALL IN ONE 22-c0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi folks just a quick query. Did a bios update through HP product detection which reccomened a bios update so i did, it then asked to create a partition which failed but proceeded to create w/out the partition, then the issue worsend by that when it restarted the failure code  9C701R-9L8ANO-GXPTG1-60SH03  came on, stated short dst failed when i tested drive 1. i run a ssd for boot and hdd for backup um i then restarted pc which said no drive found. i then reinstalled w10 iso/usb  switched setup from uefi to legacy secboot disabled and now it seemed to take but, what happens if i take the usb out and switch back from legacy to usefi w secure boot enabled? why did this happen? pc was runnig just fine. not cool.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello
this indicates a hard drive failure
Repeat the test to verify

it is possible that it breaks permanently, back up your data regularly on external media

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

ok i did repeat the diognostic test and all passed. but when i took the iso windows usb out and went into setup to switch from legacy boot to uefi and turn secure boot back it did the same error saying no boot device please install an os. so i breated a bios recovery usb from hp and loaded bios file on it on another pc then powerd this one off (yes im on the corrupted pc now), it boots up and works fine in legacy sec boot off. so i did the bios recovery usb from hp and insterted it first waited to see if it picked up on it but i had to back into setup to boot from usb w legacy on and sec boot off. what gives. am i stuck with this configuration now it reboots everytime i just havent tried takn hp recovery drive out and switch back to uefi in setup? what shiould i do at this stage. like i said the hardware diagnostics passed evrythng. is it a partition error?

HP Recommended

sorry i don't understand everything you indicate
To reinstall windows from a usb medium, you have to deactivate the secure mode
But once the installation is done, I don't know if we can simply reactivate it, which may be your problem.
It is possible that you end up with two problems, the HDD test can be random!
If a DSt error was found, even though the computer may work after recovery , could be an irreversible hard drive failure.
If you can no longer reinstall it will probably need to be replaced.
Now sorry, English and technical level at the same time, I can not understand everything, and I still have shortcomings with the secure mode, I have never been able to test the installation recovery

Lucky for me, never needed to reinstall my computer

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

sorry for the mispelling if that was issue. well ive reinstalled and its up and running i did check with the crucial s storage executive on the ssd and no issues. i again ran hp windows diagnostic test short test, with no issue, mind u im booted up under legacy with secure boot disable with the usb flash recovery still insterted. in addition, i went to hp and downlaoded the bios file update once again which was successful   so im just not sure 1. what happened 2. where i go from here   like i stated under this setup right now ive boote dup successfully under legacy w secure boot disabled, and tested the drives and loaded bios update all w success. so if i restart and remove usb recovery as well as switch setup back to how it was uefi enabled w secureboot enabled will this boot and recognize the ssd or willi get the error no boot device or install an operating system . am i stuck with this current setup legacy enabled and secureboot off? what should i do?

HP Recommended

no sorry it is a problem of understanding, I use a translator, and the technical terms, it is not always clear ..
there I still do not understand all your manipulations
from what I understand you are forced to boot with a usb stick ...
But you indicate something else at the same time, I don't know if just removing the usb stick prevents booting?
Now if the computer is running without secure boot, that's okay too
With the current computer, I know that if we replace the graphics card, most of the time we have to deactivate it, and not modifiable, otherwise impossible to start
All I can tell you is that you have to check it from time to time with the tests, and save the data
besides I just thought, in some cases hp advice to disable it

3F0 boot device not found error displays on a black screen in Windows 10

HP Consumer Desktop PCs - Boot Device Not Found (3F0) or Automatic Repair Errors

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Hello @MRAllinone

Did the system ship with the SSD? Or was it an upgrade? You said you has SSD for boot and a HDD for backup. Did it come from HP like that? 

If you upgraded it yourself is the SSD same size as the HDD? It seems when you do the bios update that it is trying to create the HP_TOOLS partition or maybe it is trying to Access it and it's been deleted? I don't think the SSD has failed. I was just thinking if you or someone upgraded to an SSD and it's smaller than the original HDD that may be why your getting the error.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.