05-14-2011 02:55 PM
I have a compaq nc 6200 notebook that has been packed away for a while. When i turn it on it asks for a startup password before windows even boots. I dont remember ever setting one in the bios. Is there a way to bypass or reset it?
05-15-2011 07:15 PM
You can create a Windows password reset disk to reset your password. Follow this 5 easy steps:
1. Enter a computer that can link to Internet. Download Windows Password Reset Tool from http://www.windowspasswordreset.net and install the software on that computer.
2. Run the software and create windows password reset disk by follow the instructions.
3. Eject the created CD/DVD and insert it into the locked computer.
4. Reboot the locked computer (it's necessary for you to change your locked computer's BIOS setting to make it boot from CD drive) and then follow the instructions to reset Account password.
5. Now login Windows and set a new password.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)