Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-ay516tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have already Windows 10 installed on my laptop. Now am testing whether windows11 is compatible with my laptop but it says the secure boot is disabled. I checked my bios setting in which Legacy Mode was enabled and Secure Boot was Greyed Out(disabled). So how to turn on secure boot..will it cause any data loss or windows 10 boot problem if I enabled it. Please guide me to solve this issue... 

Screenshot 2021-06-26 195250.png

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can't turn on secure boot unless you disable legacy mode, and you can't disable legacy mode or the notebook won't boot up.

You can see this related discussion for the solution...install W10 in EFI mode.

Solved: Re: Can't enable secure boot (Windows 10, HP Compaq Elite 83... - HP Support Community - 809...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.