Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
serifsan Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

laptop doesnt accept my password

15-ay000nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
Although i enter right password, it doesn't accept my password. I cannot use the laptop. Even it is the second time i am trying to open it.
2 REPLIES
serifsan Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I mean, i used the laptop only once.
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
49213 9751 16607
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

It may be worth trying the following to rule out a possible error with the keyboard input configuration.

At the log on screen, click the Ease Of Access icon in the bottom right corner, select On-Screen Keyboard and try entering your password using this.

Another thing to try, if you normally sign-on with an email and password, would be to see if you can reset the password via another PC from the Microsoft page on the following link.

https://account.live.com/password/reset

Otherwise, a further option would be to reset the notebook to its 'Factory Condition' and then set it up again from the beginning – if you haven't created your Recovery Media yet, the notebook will have shipped with a Recovery Partition which can be accessed at boot - ie shutdown the notebook, then start tapping away at f11 as soon as you power on.

A full guide on this can be found on the following link.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04758961

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation