04-01-2017 11:54 AM
I was trying to install Ubuntu 10.04 from a DVD.
This was because a previous install of Ubuntu16.04 wwould not run without a transient error message, followed by an apparent recovery at start up. I then downloaded program GQRX from gqrx.de but this would not run properly though the Mac version runs OK on a MacBook Pro.
Ubuntu 10.04 needs the WiFi to be set up on install and this I was failing to do!! Don't ask!!! so I powered off rather than attepting to do a more 'proper' shut down.
I presume this has left the disk in a corrupted state.
Now on power up the lamps on the power switch and shift key light but screen is black and after a few seconds there is a loud click, they both go off and the machine remains in an inert state. I have carried out the reset instructions on this site. to no avail.
It has been suggested elsewhere to reinstal Ubuntu 16.04 as a test first and then continue to GQRX if this is improved, but this requires the machine to boot. I have a Win 10 USB stick witch has reinstalled Win in the past so a boot with this would be a satisfactory start.
Any help would be appreciated, so many thank in advance. john m
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)