Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hello ...  I have dv6-7202se ... 
when i Start it it shows this message :
manufacturing programming mode is in unlock mode
and there is no serial or product mode

I've tryed too many tools like dmiFit , bios configuration utility and HPBQ138 and didn't work

maybe because the bios is UEFI it has another new tool ... what should I do ? 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @omarSal,

Thanks for the post,

I see you are getting an error on startup "manufacturing programming mode is in unlock mode". I would like to help. 

Was there any hardware service or part replaced on the computer. 

Are you able to boot to BIOS by tapping F10 on startup?

Did you run any diagnostics on the computer?

You can download the latest version of BIOS from our website www.hp.com/drivers and install it on the computer using a USB drive. 

Refer, this post on our forums for assistance.

You can also contact our phone support and provide the CT number of the notebook printed on the bottom of the computer for assistance.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, the error you are getting usually occurs when you replace the motherboard. Were you able to try the steps suggested in the older forum post

Download the BIOS and trying to install it using a USB memory stick. Refer, Recovering the notebook BIOS using an external storage device 

Even after installing the BIOS using a USB stick, you will need to take the computer to a service center for tattooing the BIOS, please contact our phone support for the service options.

Let me know if this helped,

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i've updated my bios with your link .... but the same resulte appears .... I cannot take to service center here.

I just need a new dmifit tool or some thing like it for this new bios mode and insert the details 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, we do not have any such tools to help you on this concern. Please contact our phone support for the service options. 

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution to help others with similar issues.
If you appreciate my assistance, please click on the thumbs up icon.
Both icons are below this post.

Have a good day, Ahead.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.