Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

is there any way to interpret or lookup failure codes, or any way to reach hp for info about them?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The failure codes are all 24 characters -- 4 sets of 6 characters.

The second string of characters you posted only has five characters.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Enter the information requested at the link below and see if the report provides additional details.

HP Customer Support - Service Center

HP Recommended

thanks Paul, that looks like it should lead to answers but when I enter the code with or without dashes it says "Please enter a valid failure ID code"

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The failure codes are all 24 characters -- 4 sets of 6 characters.

The second string of characters you posted only has five characters.

HP Recommended

Thanks, I see you're right, I must have copied it down wrong - my bad.  A dead end, I guess.
Maybe it will happen again & I 'll copy it more carefully. Thanks again.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If it is in regard to a short or long DST hard drive failure, you will need to install a new hard drive and reinstall the operating system.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.