Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

@jasonisconfused

Thanks for your reply. 🙂

please try this alternate method to boot to the recovery partition:

• Power off the laptop.
  • Power on the laptop and tap the Esc key repeatedly until a menu appears
  • When you are at the menu screen, press the F11 key once. 
  • This should make the laptop boot to the recovery partition. 

If the laptop continues to not go to the recovery partition then it's evident that the recovery partition is corrupt. You could obtain a copy of the recovery media if you haven't created one. Please contact HP phone support to get the recovery media.

Let me know if you have anymore questions. Take care!

HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem with my sons HP Stream Notebook - 13-c000nd (ENERGY STAR).

He did also a factory reset and now nothing happens accept a HP-logo that appaers and dispappaers on a black/grey screen. A hard reset with the powerbutton for 15 seconds does not work. Using the F11 or Escape method also doesn't work. What other things can I try?

The notebook is bought on 10 june 2015. 

HP Recommended

@frenzl67

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an issue with your HP Stream Notebook and it does not boot into Windows. You have performed a hard reset and tried using F11 and Esc key and that did not work. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• The exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
  • Any error messages that appeared before this issue.

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform a BIOS rollback. BIOS rollback will not delete your data. 

Please feel free to reply with the results. All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thank you for your respons.

I tried the BIOS rollback but nothing happened.

Model: 13-c000nd

PN: K5E57EA#ABH

HP Recommended

I tried several times, during start-up, getting into Diagnistics with the F11-key. Finally it worked. I installed a new Bios with usb (search in support) and then I was able to install Windows. My Notebook works again! :OpenSmile:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.