Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, so ... for a couple of months my Hp Pavillion 15 laptop has trouble booting up. Frequently (maybe once a month) every time i push the power button to boot it up, the fans start, the on button lights and the screen seems like it will show the login page but it stays dark. Screen dark, power button lit up and then it gives me one short beep, the button flashes its white light simultaneously and the fans turn off, like i had just shut down the computer. If i do nothing, the computer boots back up and everything is dandy. No problem in its functionality. I searched on line, did an hp hardware scan, checked the windows scan that they have and ... nothing. Did that manual reset by keeping the power button pushed for 15sec (can't take out the battery physically) , searched for the beep codes, nothing! What am i missing?

Today the laptop took it's time, same process i explained above except that it did not boot up right after, it took three times, same one short beep and flash until the screen showed login page. I have no computer modifications, i keep up to date with the updates, i barely use it! What is wrong?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Howardddr5r, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Did you run an extensive test on the computer?

What was the result?

Identify the beep pattern and refer to this document to decode the same. 

To resolve a no boot issue, perform the steps from this document - Computer Does Not Start

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.